My friend Katherine Tomlinson has tagged me in The Next Big Thing Blog Tour. She’s over at Kattomic Energy working on her next book Misbegotten.
G. Wells Taylor’s “Next Big Thing Q&A” follows.
1) What is the working title of your current/next book?
Mother’s Boy is due out in May 2013.
2) Where did the idea come from?
Many things contributed but a conversation I had with my nephew served as catalyst.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven’t thought that far ahead.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
When Scott Keyes arrives in his hometown after decades away he does not know that mysterious events have haunted his long absence and that a history lesson waiting for him is written in blood.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be Indie published through Amazon and Smashwords.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Ghost Story by Peter Straub. Pigeons from Hell (short story) by Robert E. Howard.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Women. Mothers. A house.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
This book was also inspired by D. H. Lawrence’s Sons and Lovers.